What personal data do we collect?
We collect personal data from you when you provide it to us directly and through your use of the Website.
This information may include:
– Information you provide to us when you use our website (e.g. your name, contact details, gender, product reviews, and any information which you add to your account profile);
– Transaction and billing information, if you make any purchases from us or using our website (e.g. delivery information);
- Records of your interactions with us
– Other information necessary to provide website, for example we may access your location if you give us your consent.
What do we use this personal data for?
Depending on how you use our website, your interactions with us, and the permissions you give us, the purposes for which we use your personal data include:
– To fulfil your order and maintain your online account
– To manage and respond to any queries or complaints to our customer service team
– To personalise the website to you and show you content we think you will be most interested in, based on your account information, your purchase history and your browsing activity
– To improve and maintain the website, and monitor its usage
For market research, e.g. we may contact you for feedback about our products.
– To send you marketing messages and show you targeted advertising, where we have your consent or are otherwise permitted to do so
– For security purposes, to investigate fraud and where necessary to protect ourselves and third parties
– To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations
We rely on the following legal basis, under data protection law, to process your personal data:
– Because the processing is necessary to perform a contract with you, or take steps prior to entering into a contract with you (e.g. where you have made a purchase with us, we use your personal data to process the payment and fulfil your order).
– Because we have obtained your consent (e.g. where you contact us with a query, where you add optional information to your account profile, or if you consent to receive marketing from us).
– Because it is in our legitimate interests as an e-commerce provider to maintain and promote our services. We are always seeking to understand more about our customers in order to offer the best products and customer experience. We use information about you to tailor your view of the website, to make it more interesting and relevant in respect of the products and offers on view.
Who do we share this personal data with?
– With other companies in our group of companies, as necessary to operate the website
– With our suppliers and service providers working for us, e.g. payment processors and delivery companies
– With our professional and legal advisors
– With third parties engaged in fraud prevention and detection
– With law enforcement or other governmental authorities, e.g. to report a fraud or in response to a lawful request
– Otherwise where we have your consent or are otherwise legally permitted to do so
For Payment via PayPal or Credit card via Stripe the data will be transferred directly to Paypal and Stripe (we do not see or store your payment details).
Storage & Retention
We use service providers based around the world. Consequently, your personal data may be processed in countries outside of Europe, including in countries where you may have fewer legal rights in respect of your data than you do under local law. If we transfer personal data outside the European Economic Area we will, as required by applicable law, ensure that your privacy rights are adequately protected by appropriate safeguards, in particular the EU’s standard contractual clauses. Please contact us if you would like more information about these safeguards.
We will keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes set out above, and so this period will vary depending on your interactions with us. For example, where you have made a purchase with us, we will keep a record of your purchase for the period necessary for invoicing, tax and warranty purposes. We may also keep a record of correspondence with you (for example if you have made a complaint about a product) for as long as is necessary to protect us from a legal claim. Where we no longer have a need to keep your information, we will delete it. Please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future.
We may automatically collect non-personal information about you such as the type of internet browsers you use or the site from which you linked to our website. You cannot be identified from this information, and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on our Site. We may from time to time supply the owners or operators of third-party sites from which it is possible to link to our website with information relating to the number of users linking to our website from their sites. You cannot be identified from this information.
We may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer when you look at our website. Cookies do not harm your device, do not contain viruses, Trojans or other malicious software. This information facilitates your use of our website and helps us to understand how our website is used. The data processed by cookies are for the purposes mentioned in order to safeguard our legitimate interests as well as third parties according to Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f DSGVO required.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or always a hint appears before a new cookie is created. However, disabling cookies completely may mean that you cannot use all features of our website.
You have certain rights in respect of your personal data, including the right to access, portability, correct, and request the erasure of your personal data.
You also have the right to object to your personal data being used for certain purposes, including to send you marketing. See ‘Marketing’ above, for more details of how to opt-out of marketing.
We will comply with any requests to exercise your rights in accordance with applicable law. Please be aware, however, that there are several limitations to these rights, and there may be circumstances where we are not able to comply with your request. To make any requests regarding your personal data, or if you have any questions or concerns regarding your personal data, you should contact us using the details below. You are also entitled to contact your local supervisory authority for data protection.
This website ensures that data is encrypted when leaving the website. This process involves the converting of information or data into a code to prevent unauthorised access. This website follows this process and employs secure methods to ensure the protection of all credit and debit card transactions. Encryption methods such as SSL are utilised to protect customer data when in transit to and from this website over a secure communications channel.
Whilst we do everything within our power to ensure that personal data is protected at all times from our website, we cannot guarantee the security and integrity of the information that has been transmitted to our Site.
If you have any questions or comments regarding this Polica, you could contact us via email address: firstname.lastname@example.org any time.